Sunday, April 01, 2007

It sucks 80% of the time???


No WAY!


....I've been thinking about that woman who was on "Oprah" a few years ago who said, "Having a baby sucks 80 percent of the time." True, there are many difficult, challenging parts of being a mom but I think the great parts FAR outnumber those!!


There are SO many things I love about being a mommy. I can't narrow it down to one thing, so I'll list my favorites!


  • I love lifting her high in the air and spinning her around. It always makes her screech and laugh and kick her little legs and that is SOOO cute! I also love to put music on and dance with her.

  • I love picking out really adorable clothes for her. (Oh my poor, poor pocketbook!)

  • I love watching her play with her daddy!- I love watching her grow and change and do new things. Seems like she does something new almost every day!

  • I love snuggling with her and just hugging her like crazy.

  • I love feeding her Gerber food. She opens her mouth so wide when she sees that spoon comin' - my dad says she reminds him of a baby bird (so he calls her "Bird Head")!

  • It tickles me when we're out somewhere and somebody says, "Oh she's so beautiful...." and stuff like that!

It sucks 80 percent of the time? WHAT was that mommy smokin'?!?!?


3 Comments:

Blogger daionara said...

Yeah I'm always surprised to hear women who talk about disliking the baby stage. Me? I loved newborn to 1 year old. I loved 1 year to 2 years old. I even loved 2 years to 2.5 years old. BAM! Then this whole chatterbox thing kicked in and now the child won't shut up LOL

10:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe that mommy doesn't deserve to carry the title of mommy.
Oh do I understand that chatterbox thing. I once thought I couldn't wait till they could talk then suddenly they were chattering away and I wondered what the heck I was thinking. Till they said something funny and it was all worthwhile again lol.

3:01 PM  
Blogger Kayris said...

I remember how that show made your nervous about motherhood. Aren't you glad you didn't listen? For sure, motherhood is not all smiles all the time, but the good times FAR outweigh the bad and I think it's sad that some people can't see that.

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home