My Girl
"I've got sunshine on a cloudy day.
When it's cold outside, I've got the month of May.
I guess you'd say - what can make me feel this way?
My girl!! My girl!! My girl!!
Talkin' bout my girl!"
I love her soooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!! More every day, if that's even possible.
She's at a really fun stage. 8-1/2 months old. She's a speed crawler now and, as of the last week or so, she pulls herself up on the furniture (and on our legs if we're wearing pants!). She is just AMAZING. I am so in awe of this little person. She barely even seems like a baby anymore! She is extremely interactive, playful and energetic. The only downside: She's a human Hoover. She picks up anything and everything off the floor and thinks it's food! The other day she coughed up a huge piece of carpeting! Not good! So I have to vacuum often and we have to watch her like a hawk! But she is just SO much fun.
We finally babyproofed her bedroom today. Well, it was pretty much babyproofed before, but tonight we made it so that she can be in there playing by herself and be perfectly safe. And we got a see-thru baby gate for her doorway. Sometimes I need to do laundry or other stuff upstairs and I'm not sure what to do with her, so this way she can hopefully play in her room unsupervised for a little while at a time while I'm getting stuff done upstairs.
I look at this little peanut now and just still cannot believe God gave her to me. What in the WORLD did I do to deserve such an awesome baby girl????? She's mine. Forever! It blows my mind. And it still blows my mind that for awhile there I thought I didn't want a child. My life has been turned upside down and inside out since Alyssa Belle was born - in a very, very good way. Having a baby really does change everything. Yes, it IS tiring wiping up spitup and changing poopy diapers and giving her baths and getting her dressed and getting all her baby gear in the car every time we go somewhere and making bottles and keeping her entertained and drying her tears.......but I would not trade it for ANYTHING in the world. God willed this little girl into being and He gave her to me to love so much it hurts, and to take care of and to bring with me wherever I go and to hug and cuddle and kiss and squeeze. Her happiness and comfort is my highest goal. Always.
When it's cold outside, I've got the month of May.
I guess you'd say - what can make me feel this way?
My girl!! My girl!! My girl!!
Talkin' bout my girl!"
I love her soooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!! More every day, if that's even possible.
She's at a really fun stage. 8-1/2 months old. She's a speed crawler now and, as of the last week or so, she pulls herself up on the furniture (and on our legs if we're wearing pants!). She is just AMAZING. I am so in awe of this little person. She barely even seems like a baby anymore! She is extremely interactive, playful and energetic. The only downside: She's a human Hoover. She picks up anything and everything off the floor and thinks it's food! The other day she coughed up a huge piece of carpeting! Not good! So I have to vacuum often and we have to watch her like a hawk! But she is just SO much fun.
We finally babyproofed her bedroom today. Well, it was pretty much babyproofed before, but tonight we made it so that she can be in there playing by herself and be perfectly safe. And we got a see-thru baby gate for her doorway. Sometimes I need to do laundry or other stuff upstairs and I'm not sure what to do with her, so this way she can hopefully play in her room unsupervised for a little while at a time while I'm getting stuff done upstairs.
I look at this little peanut now and just still cannot believe God gave her to me. What in the WORLD did I do to deserve such an awesome baby girl????? She's mine. Forever! It blows my mind. And it still blows my mind that for awhile there I thought I didn't want a child. My life has been turned upside down and inside out since Alyssa Belle was born - in a very, very good way. Having a baby really does change everything. Yes, it IS tiring wiping up spitup and changing poopy diapers and giving her baths and getting her dressed and getting all her baby gear in the car every time we go somewhere and making bottles and keeping her entertained and drying her tears.......but I would not trade it for ANYTHING in the world. God willed this little girl into being and He gave her to me to love so much it hurts, and to take care of and to bring with me wherever I go and to hug and cuddle and kiss and squeeze. Her happiness and comfort is my highest goal. Always.


1 Comments:
Yah suuuuuuuuure Wendy, rub in the fact that you get to have Lissy LOL. I want to snuggle that girl so BAD!!! She's gorgeous and precious and perfect for you in everyway. Watching you spread your wings and fly as a mother is such a fantastic honor. Kisses to my favorite Lissy!
Post a Comment
<< Home